Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Protest Song Redux- A parody


In response to Rolling Stone's self-congratulatory 40th anniversary coverage and other stuff:


(To the tune of every early Dylan song ever)

Hey didya hear my man 9-11 changed everything

Oh ‘cause times they are a-changin’ now

Just like in ’66 when we protested ‘Nam

well the groves of change wear on.


Now ya see we gone past the point o’ no return

Like in Lisbon when that earthquake come

One night I went to bed believin’ in da Lord

Next mornin’ there was nuthin’ but darkness over the world.


Hey, hey didya hear Lisbon changed everythin’

Even though Pompeii happened an’ we dropped the bomb.

Don’t matter ‘cause now we know there ain’t no one

Movin’ them stars along.

See now the sky’s a hollow dome

And now I don’t got nowhere to call my home.

Hey, didya hear man Roe changed everything

Baby, now I can suck out your brains with a vacuum tube

‘Cause it’s my human right.

Livin’ free and sleazy

All through the night.


Hey, didya know 9-11 changed everythin’

Just me and my A-K 47 goin’ it alone ya see.

Don’t need no habeas corpus now, don’t need no liberty

Gotta get those towel headed bastards ‘fore they git me,


'Cause the times they are a-changin',

forget about tomorrow, forget about today

No more runnin' in place philosophizin'

when change is all that's real.

Just keep on a-rollin' like a rollin' stone.


So pay no mind to the man behind the curtain

and keep on a-changin'.








No comments: