Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How White are You? Meme




This is a parody blog making blatant generalizations about white people. Actually after the 80's all white people became either yuppies or white trash, sad to say. Before that the only white people were WASPS, only after the 60's did the Civil Rights Movement have the unintended consequence of making Italians, Germans, Jews, Slavs etc, which are grandfathers referred to with short ethnic slurs, all become identified as white.
This site is a lampoon of self-satisfied yuppies, secretly continuing the white man's burden. Sad but funny.

Stuff White People Like

See what White stuff you like (Tag: Advise and Dissent, Torgodevil, The Upstate)

Here are the White things I am guilty of or others which I strongly disagree with:

#71 I feel just the opposite and like it when other white people are around since I am with Asians all the time.


#58 Who doesn't like Japan? Japanese culture is the most accessible of Asian cultures for the White man.


#55 Apologies and White Guilt. This is actually one of the problems of Western Culture. We are too self-hating, not because we actually feel sorry and repent but because we are self-centered narcissists who actually think any one else cares about what White people did in the past. It's all about us you see.


#53 I actually like some of these songs- Bust A Move for example.


#50 I think Sarah Silverman's comedy is very, very crude and stupid. However she reminds of many of the Jewish princesses I grew up with in Cleveland which makes her kind of funny to me.


#47 Whole Food. I've been to Whole Food (Whole Paycheck) several times but have never bought anything since I have no money.


#46 The New York Times. I used to like the Sunday New York Times, however, over the past 7-8 years the periodical has seriously gone down in quality and has become completely irrelevant for all practical purposes.


#44 NPR. I have a love-hate relationships with Public Radio and NPR. It is the whitest thing in the world like mayo spread on white bread tempered by Kenny G playing in the background. The thing is they actually have real foreign correspondents while the TV networks have all fired theirs. So there international news is actually top notch on most cases. However I tire of their gentle disdain for the common man. NPR is far too elitist. Also, it needs more Garrison Keillor and the Car guys Click and Clack to give it some soul. And not crap like Fair Game which is hipster trash.


#43 Who doesn't like Plays?


#42 Sushi is OK but I'm not in love with it. Sushi actually originated in its present from in California. Sure they ate raw fish in Japan but the whole Sushi scene started on the West coast.


#41 Indie music can be either great or completely crappy. And once you think of what other people, especially minorities listen to you feel very white indeed.


#39 I use Netflixs at times but also use Block Buster. Whatever.


#35 Who doesn't like the Daily Show and the Colbert Report? Hilarious stuff, especially in the times we live in. Somebody has to say something.


#24 I used to like wine but Indonesians don't drink it that much so that stage is over.

#22 The use of two last names is Child Abuse. Also the use of last names for first names such as Anderson or Parker. Not right. Kids are not accessories or designer goods.


#20 I like other cultures so I can forget that I am the whitest man alive. Although Spaniards are actually white for all practical purposes. They just are Mediterranean White and not Nordic White. The same for Italians.


#17 I like traveling but it is important not to be a schmuck about it.


#16 I actually like my parents.


#15 I don't care for the tendency of White culture to unquestioningly embrace Eastern Culture such as Chinese or Indian for their own ends and not on that Culture's terms. This is the narcissistic tendency of White Culture to be ashamed of its own tradition and flee to anything but itself. But actually we end up projecting our own beliefs and preferences on that other culture and thus we are never challenged to change our pampered and self-centered ethos. Pretty sad. There should be more attention to how India has many cultures and how Hinduism has a caste system, and how Hindus are actually very conservative morally speaking. And how anti-Christian violence in India is very high. Especially against the untouchables who convert to Christianity because Hindu culture treats them like crap.


#14 I've had black friends but you should never have a racial quota in your friend making but instead have a friend because you appreciate that person for his or her self.


#11 Doh! I am the Rice King.


#6 He can talk but can he actually do anything? Also, he's not very Black. He's half African not Black. An African has a better chance in America, sadly, than an African America. Emigrate from Ghana today.


#2 I was raised Episcopalian and become Catholic. Oh, so different!


In sum, I am the Whitest man alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see: I'm as Latino as they get (and I even have a shaved head to boot) and I like Netflix, wine, sushi, the occasional NPR story, and the song, "Baby Got Back". But I also think organic food is stupid and I love Jesus, so it all balances out.